When Gutter Maintenance Is Required
Rain Gutter maintenance. Not a topic you see come up too much. However, ignoring this one simple thing can mean potentially thousands of dollars of damage. We’re here to help you get informed!
Is there any need to clean the gutter?
Not all rain gutter systems require regular maintenance. Depending on the environmental conditions and surrounding area you may only need maintenance if a leak appears or the gutter becomes loose. This shouldn’t occur more than every 10 years or so.
How often do gutters need to be cleaned?
The frequency of cleaning your gutters will depend on how frequently it rains, in addition to how likely it is your gutters will become clogged.
If your home is located in an area where there are lots of trees and heavy rains fall regularly, it’s important that you have your gutters cleaned at least once per year. The frequency of cleaning should increase as the amount of rainfall increases.
What causes gutters to clog?
The last thing you want is to have your gutters become clogged. This can cause a whole variety of problems, including damage to the fascia and gutter system itself. The debris can actually build up so much it weighs the gutters down enough so the part where they connect to the home becomes compromised.
Gutters become clogged when debris such as leaves, twigs, pine needles, dirt, etc., collect inside the gutter system. Over time these materials build up and eventually cause water to back up into the house.
How do I prevent gutters from clogging?
There are several ways to keep your gutters free of debris:
1. Clean out your gutters at least twice per year by removing debris
2. Keep your gutters clear of debris during periods of high winds.
3. Use a leaf blower to blow away debris before it gets stuck in the gutter.
4. Make sure that your downspouts are not blocked by tree roots or other obstructions.
5. Check hardware and sealant
6. Remove debris from the bottom of the gutter trough.
7. Clear fallen branches from around the base of your house.
8. If you had some leaking, check for cracks in the foundation. Cracks allow water to seep through the wall and into the basement.
DIY Gutter Maintenance
DIY gutter maintenance is doable only if your gutters need a simple cleaning. It is reccomended to go with a professional if you are dealing with any leaks or clogged downspouts.
What is the quickest way to clean your rain gutter?
Many people opt to clean out their gutters using their hose. Some professional companies will use pressure washers. However, the high powered spray from these methods can cause damage that costs you big time.
How to repair a gutter downspout?
We get calls about downspouts all the time. Many people are suprised to hear that the downspout needs to be replaced, since debris can cake on so much that it’s nearly impossible to remove. That’s why it’s always best to clean the upper gutters before this happens to you!
How to change the slope of a gutter?
The slope of your gutters requires much more precision than you might guess. Too much slope or not enough can cause damage to the system when they start overflowing. The overflow can even cause damage to your home! Don’t mess around here. Find the right professional for the job.
What does gutter maintenance include?
Our gutter maintenance includes:
1. Re-sealing of corner joints
2. Refastening of hardware
3. Blowout of debris
4. Cleanup of debris
What’s the best method for gutter maintenance?
The best method is to reach out to a gutter maintenance company like Pacific Coast Gutters. Eliminate the risk and hassle while saving yourself some time. You can’t put a price on peace of mind, and all of our Gutter Maintenance comes with a workmanship quality guarantee!
Why is hiring a gutter maintenance professional a great idea
A lot of homeowners think that they can save money by doing their own gutter maintenance. But, there are many reasons why hiring us is a better option. Here are just a few:
1. We have the tools & equipment needed to do the job correctly.
2. Our technicians are trained to perform the task correctly.
3. We offer a warranty on every project we complete.
4. We are insured and bonded.
5. We provide customer service after the job has been completed.
6. We will come back at no additional cost if we find another problem during the course of our visit.
7. We’re available 24/7 to help with emergency situations.
8. We’ll make sure you understand what we’ve done, and how to maintain your gutter system properly.
9. We will give you a written estimate prior to beginning the job.
10. We won’t charge you until we’ve finished the job.
How much does gutter maintenance cost?
No two jobs are exactly the same. The pricing is based on the total length of your gutter system, how accessible it is, and how dirty they are. You can expect to pay anywhere from $200 all the way up to $2000 for an extremely large home.
How to reduce Gutter Maintenance
The best way to reduce gutter maintenance is to add gutter guards or gutter screens to the home. We recommend these products that allow water to come through but not leaves and other debris. If there are no trees near your house, there really is no way to reduce the maintenance other than getting it done annually. That way they are relatively easy to clean and you can get rock bottom pricing.
How well do gutter guards work?
Gutters are designed to catch rainwater and direct it away from your home. They are not intended to keep leaves and other debris out. Gutter guards are specifically made to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Most companies sell them in different sizes and styles. Some of the most common ones are:
1. Mesh – These are the cheapest type of guard. It allows water to flow through it, but keeps leaves and debris out.
2. Screen – This is similar to mesh, except it is made of metal wire and is usually larger.
3. Slotted – This design is similar to screen, but it has slots cut into it. This lets water flow through, but prevents leaves and debris from entering.
4. Metal – This is the most expensive type of guard. It is made of aluminum and looks very nice. However, it also doesn’t let any water through.
What should I look for when buying a gutter guard?
You want something that is sturdy, durable, and long lasting. Look for one that is made of stainless steel. Also, look for one that is UV resistant so it won’t fade over time.
Do gutter guards require maintenance?
Yes, they do need some maintenance. Make sure you check them regularly to ensure they don’t become clogged. Dirt from the roof can clog up the holes over time. Checking them once every other year is usually enough.